How we use your personal data
How we use your personal data Below, we list the types of personal data that we hold, the reasons for holding such data and the legal bases that these fall under (a) the general categories of personal data that we may process are: your Company name; job title contact details including your telephone number and email address; demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests excluding special category data. We will of course also hold photographs of our clients and guests. (b) We will not collect any information about individuals under the age of 16. By providing consent you are providing confirmation that you are aged 16 or older. However, due to the nature of the work involved, photographs of individuals under the age of 16 will often be taken and stored. (c) I do not share data without prior and specific consent. Photographs may be shared as appropriate, such as to press or wedding suppliers. If practicable, I will obtain specific consent in these circumstances and will use reasonable judgement as to the protection of individuals’ rights. (d) the purposes for which we may process personal data include: • Establishing contracts to initiate services • Internal record keeping for the purposes of invoicing • Providing galleries for people to view, download and purchase prints of photographs.
Legitimate Interest We process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
• Taking photographs of individuals and groups is done so under the understanding that they consent to me taking their photographs and storing them. As part of this, it is understood that these images will typically be made available on my website as a key part to the delivery of my services, and as a necessary part of my marketing, such as on social media platforms. If an individual objects to having their photo taken, or the image being stored on-line, I will take every reasonable precaution to make sure that they are not included in my work. In the event that an individual decides at a later date that they want an image removed, I will be pleased to work with them on an individual basis to a mutually acceptable goal.
• Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/ communications for the benefits of our customers
• To identify and prevent fraud
What does legitimate interest mean?
What does legitimate interest mean? Under Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR, Legitimate Interest refers to: “(f) processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.” Please refer to the ICO website for more information on Legitimate Interest. When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests. We will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise permitted or required by law). We endeavour to only send you a maximum of two emails a month based on the above legitimate business purposes. This is to ensure we are only providing you with necessary and valuable information that we believe will help your business. You have the right to object to receiving this information at any time. If you no longer wish to receive this information, please email us to unsubscribe.
Security and Privacy
Security and Privacy Personal data is kept on secure platforms and is subject to strict control. The security levels required for images depends on the requirements of individuals, specific events and organisations, for which I am able to provide a number of additional options:
• Password protection to download individual images
• A security feature to stop “right click” to copy or download images
• Password protection to the full gallery
Controlling your personal information
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.